To our valued customers
Aviv Cakes is a family-run business and understands that you may have some concerns about the COVID-19 outbreak in Victoria and how that may affect you, as we navigate the next few weeks in an uncertain climate.
As you may be aware, Aviv Cakes already undertakes stringent safe food handling precautions to ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers and community.
However, during the next few weeks, we would like to take the opportunity to reassure you that we are doing our best to avoid major disruptions to our everyday operations:
1. We will be open but with reduced staffing levels and for reduced hours.
2. To protect our staff we have introduced additional control measures including sterilising all service, preparation and administrative areas utilised by staff and public areas by customers, 3-4 times daily. For the interim, our café section will close, with takeaway only being available.
3. We will continue to provide friendly and efficient counter service and sales.
4. To minimise risk of transmission all customers must remain in the sales area and not handle any products in any manner.
5. Staff have been instructed to practise safe food handling procedures at all times, with the use of disposable gloves, clean serving utensils and to maintain social distancing and not approach customers within 1.5 metres.
We are confident that we can service all of our customer requirements as usual and kindly request that if you have any queries or concerns relating to any of the above, to please contact Herbert and Lee Portmann who will be more than happy to assist you.
We would like to thank our loyal customers for their continued support and will be closely monitoring the situation on a daily basis, with any changes being communicated via our website and in-store.
The Portmann family